POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Journey to an Unknown Region [wip] : Re: Journey to an Unknown Region [wip] Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Journey to an Unknown Region [wip]
From: Kenneth
Date: 6 Dec 2009 21:45:00
Message: <web.4b1c6bb9338ab97565f302820@news.povray.org>
Nice one, Thomas; very realistic, and a nice composition too, making good use of
the 16X9 format.

As has been mentioned, I also think the scene could benefit from some traced-on
rocks or other small detail, to break up the smoothness of the mountain slope
(perhaps just in the right foreground, with the rocks scaling down as they
recede into the distance, just until they 'disappear' into the other detail of
the scene.)

Trying to duplicate the chaotic/jumbled look of nature is a tough assignment;
I'm working on a similar problem, and find that no matter how much detail I add
(rocks, plants, etc.), it *still* doesn't look like enough! Adding a normal of
some kind to the mountain surface (granite, for example) can help,
too--especially if the lighting angle really shows it off, as it would in your
scene, I think.

Ken